Present Kinnaird Coat of Arms
The change to the original coat of arms was registered by The Lord Lyon King of Arms
in 1682 (Vol.1, Page 103). The main changes being the latin mottos. Debrett's Illustrated
Peerage gives the following description:
"Arms - Quaterly: 1st and 4th or, a fesse wavy between three mullets gules,
Kirkaldy, 2nd and 3rd gules, a saltire between four crescents or, Kinnaird. Crest - A crescent arising from a cloud, having a star issuing
from between its horns, all within two branches of palm disposed in orle proper.
Supporters - Two naked men wreathed about the loins with oak leaves, each holding in his
exterior hand a garland of laurel, their interior ankles surrounded by a fetter, and the
chain held in the interior hand"